Skip to main content

Food, Investment ,Tourism and Technology (FITT) Blogger

Today I start my FITT Blog under my namesake. You can call me Vanj, from the bountiful province of Pangasinan. I am a digital influencer in my community. My day job is being a communications strategist specializing in social and digital media.

When not beating deadlines and not servicing clients, I blog. Among other things, hosting an agriculture and investment walkthrough show are two of my ventures that you will see here on later posts.

Recent Food Tour adventure, Bangsal's Pinoy  Boodle Meal


I chose to blog about FOOD, INVESTMENT, TOURISM and TECHNOLOGY because its my passion.  My friends call me "laging gutom" (always hungry) because wherever I go, food is always an attraction for me. I am constantly looking for unique food offerings in a place. 

When travelling, I always assess the economic activity or non-activity of a place. Then see what they have or what they don't. What they need and what would be profitable here. What is abundant and what is lacking. Then I ask myself, "what do they need, and how can I help them?"

The view from Sual viewdeck


Who doesn't want to travel? I have been to a few places outside my country but I want to explore the beauty of the Philippines even more. It seems that every island has its own wonders and its really worth exploring.

    Amanjiwo Resort, Yogyakarta Indonesia
The advent of technology has modernized and made everything easy and shareable. Smartphones and tablets, netbooks and laptops has made every person his own media. It made everyone an instant publisher. Social media made it possible to distribute content easier and faster. Digital innovations are presented to the world at lightning speed. And then comes technology review and testing.  And since we move around the communications technology industry, it is imperative to be on top of it, at least be in the know, so you can teach and share.

What can you expect from  eVANJelist, the  FITT blogger? 

1. Lots of food adventures, interesting food stories from communities who make it.

2. Investment profiles of towns and cities and other remarkable business stories worth your while

3. Travel adventures and stories, destination stories, culture and the people, experiential tourism in the Philippines and Asia

4. Technology events, stories, ventures and start-ups

Join me, your local FITT Blogger and eVANJelist as we explore Asia and the rest of the world :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cagayan Food Crawl: Promoting the Philippines, One Flavor at a Time

20 restaurants. 10 bloggers. 2 days.  In two days, close to 20 restaurants in Tuguegarao have hosted the bloggers and social media influencers and allowed them to review their best-sellers and must-try dishes. Authentic local cuisines were served, heirloom recipes, the flavors of Cagayan was put to test.  Will the bloggers like it? Will it pass their discriminating palates, will they share the local food stories in the region?  The first-ever Cagayan Food Crawl is a food appreciation tour for bloggers and digital influencers in Northern Luzon. It aims to promote and help the F&B industry in Region 2, Cagayan Valley.  It was held last April 8 and 9, in line with the Department of Tourism’s (DOT) theme - Flavors of The Philippines. The DOT Cagayan Valley Region  supported the said momentous event.  The most exciting part was the warmth of restaurateurs in the area. A total of 60 dishes were served for review. Each has its own characteristic, eac

New Year Beauty Makeover Vibrante-style

I started the year 2013 right. With 2012 being rewarding for me and my family, starting the new year with a blast was just the right move. Armed with my plans for the entire year of personal branding and self improvement, a beauty makeover is in place. But where to have it done was the first question. We had a client that was very serious to penetrate the beauty business in the North and his salon is located in Dagupan. During our taping, I saw how he transformed ordinary faces into glam works of art. Our girls innate beauty were enhanced and emphasized and they all looked gorgeous in the hands of Marcel. Vibrante Salon by Marcel Mendoza is the place to go. I endured the first few days of New Year looking old and less vain. I waited for an appointment at his premiere salon. Vibrante’s services are not for everyone. He created his own niche. Marcel’s regular clients are high end. They belong to the A-list. Yes, he defined his own market. His prices are premium because his serv

This week in Politics and Digital

Wednesday was the start of the work week because of the long holidays declared by the National Government. As many people are spending their holidays somewhere else, many chose to stay at home due to bad weather. Upon return to my beloved province, there was a new project waiting for our team. The I love Pangasinan video, we were to gather video clips from interviewees of different people in Pangasinan. Next our proposed project for the Governor was approved by the Provincial Administrator. Sir Raffy , as he is fondly called is supportive of projects related to information technology. He knows that the society is going also with the digital shift. And an event to showcase all of those things like the Pangasinan Digital ICT Fair is ready to roll out. This event is scheduled on the second week of November at the Capitol Grounds. And then there are Bloopers along the way. Urdaneta refused to accept the tons of trash from Baguio City because allegedly the city can only accomodate 10 t